The organization Ibero-Latin American Pharmaceutical (OFIL) emerged in Spain in December 1981 from an idea of the Colombian teammate Juan R. Robayo. It was born from the need to collaborate and unite the Iberian-Latin American colleagues for the progress of the pharmaceutical profession and thus achieve greater recognition in society to our efforts to promote health and scientific progress in our villages. Our Organization (OFIL) is the only one that brings together pharmacists from Latin America and the Iberian Peninsula and the purposes mentioned in our Spanish speaking and Portuguese.
- Spread the pharmaceutical profession in the Ibero-Latin American context.
- Assist in the review and adaptation of the academic curricula of Pharmacy, with special emphasis on Hospital Pharmacy, Community Pharmacy, Clinical Pharmacy, Drug Information and Pharmaceutical Technology.
- Strengthen the influence of the pharmacy profession in society.
- Identify and promote mechanisms for the integration of pharmacists in interdisciplinary groups and different levels of health care.
- Unify transnational legal provisions of pharmacy practice and establish the basic criteria for the same.
- Encourage and practice better relationships between pharmacists and services of all Ibero-Latin American countries.